quarta-feira, 5 de junho de 2013

What is an adventure you would like to take? (Intermediate 4)

Watch the video first without the transcription  and the second time following the subtitles!


Hanna: I'm Hanna from Australia.
Diego: And I'm Diego from Mexico.
Hanna: And today we're going to be talking about adventures. Would you like to go on an adventure Diego?
Diego: Yes, I would love to go on an adventure, and I've actually ever thought about it since I was younger.
Hanna: What were you thinking about?
Diego: Well, I like the sea and I like sailing and I love my friends so I wanna take a huge boat, preferably a yacht around the world with all my friends and go to these exotic islands around the world.
Hanna: Oh, really, can I come?
Diego: Of course.
Hanna: Oh, excellent.
Diego: Would you like to come?
Hanna: I'd love to go on a yacht. I think we should go.
Diego: I think we should do it.
Hanna: Yep.
Diego: What's your adventure?
Hanna: My adventure? Mmm! I'd really like to go into space. I think that might be a little bit expensive though, so I think going on a yacht is probably a better idea.
Diego: I think so, but Virgin Airlines has those flights to space I think.
Hanna: Oh, well, maybe when I'm very rich then.
Diego: OK.


Read the text and look up the words you don't know in the dictionary.

Climb Ouray, Colorado
Thanks to the strategic placement of a few hundred showerheads in the San Juan Mountains, the Ouray Ice Park is the most condensed collection of ice routes in the world (nearly 200). Head to Schoolroom for a feast of easy-access, top-roped hundred-footers, or to South Park for dozens more—all within 15 minutes’ walk of a warm meal and a warm bed in Ouray. Ouray Ice Park 
The South Park is a good place to take beginners and intermediates away from crowds of the Schoolroom. A five to ten minute walk along the ice park trail will lead you to signs designating the South Park area. Anchors are generally built from trees and ice screws or a combination of both. Some of the trees are a short distance away from the top of the routes and others are a greater distance. It is helpful to have extra rope or cord to build anchors here. Walk down to the base of the climbs in on the down riverside via a trail and fixed rope down a hill. The canyon is fairly wide here and makes for a nice place to hang out at the base of routes, preferably not right beneath them.


What about you, what adventure would you like to take?

What was the most daring adventure you've ever attended?

What does it mean "You can't discover new oceans unless you have the courage to leave the shore."?

In your opinion, what's the most dangerous adventure in life?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário